REYKJAVIK TO CAPE TOWN
6 MONTH OVERLAND TOUR
You can be one of the 14 travellers who will be joining us in our converted ex army 4x4 truck Driving overland through the deserts and jungles of West and Central Africa from the frozen north to the tropical south. Our next trip starts January 2016
Our Expedition is different from other holidays you may have taken – we go through areas where no tourists go, the roads can be bad, food can be limited to what we have stocked on the truck, camp sites are few and basic, Camping out in the deserts and jungles of west Africa, experiencing the remoteness of central Africa. If you are expecting WIFI and running water in every place we visit,then this is not a trip for you. Visas can be hard to get and communication to the outside world is limited or unavailable at times. We guarantee; we’ll break down, that we will have to wait some place we don’t really want to be, for visas ,spare parts or just for someone to open a closed road and we’ll have to dig the truck out of mud and sand.....get yourself ready to go to the real world.
The trip might overrun and finish late; the route can change due to rains, closed roads visa issues, breakdowns and politics. It’s best not to book your return flights home until you finish the trip.
To join, you need to be prepared to work as part of a team and to share with the others on this Trans African overland trip. Some of the things you’ll never forget are the satisfaction of getting a 10 ton truck unstuck, cooking over open fires after collecting the firewood, pitching a tent and getting it right even when it rains, going to sleep when its dark and waking at dawn and wanting to get out of your sleeping bag to start another day in which you have no idea of what will happen, washing in rivers, not washing and not caring that your dirty, living out side for months, seeing more than you have ever before, trying to learn French, Arabic or Swahili and having people understand what you say, finding out just how far places are away from where you started and how different places can be and how unaffected out of the way places are from the world we normally live in. Most people who do an expedition find it a lot of fun though of course hard at times.
WHY CHOOSE US ?
Well there are some very good reasons why to choose us instead of some other Trans -Africa
1. We are the only people to go from Iceland to South Africa, 66 North to 33 South , We also go via West and Central Africa, which is a lot more adventurous with almost no tourism. We can pick you up in Reykjavik or in many places in mainland Europe.
2. We are a private expedition, not a big company, so we are more flexible with were we go and how we do it and try to make it easy for people to do there own private projects on the trip. Unlike others, with us its fine to take off for a few days/weeks by your self and join us latter.
3. Our departure date is in January , most other Trans-African trips start in September or October,
4. We are 200 pound cheaper and 4 weeks longer than anyone else via west Africa .
5. Our truck is smaller,, stronger and more off road capable, most company's now drive in 25 or 30 seater trucks,which are very large,long ,heavy and only 2 wheel drive. Unlike what they advertise they cant really go off road, so if the route is closed ,which happens all the time, they fly the passenger and ship the truck.....we have a real ex army off-road truck......we can make it anywhere...if you stick this Bedford in a low enough gear , it will climb up a tree.
To join us, a place on the truck costs GB₤ 2650 or Approximately €3200 / $4350 / 500,000 Isk, But you will need some extra money for visas,food/camp site kitty and beer money.
Just a quick word about Ebola
We are not going through any country's that have Ebola outbreaks, in fact we are avoiding these areas by thousands of kilometres, but because of some border closers we did have to postpone our 2015 trip to 2016,things should have settled down by then.
With kind help from our sponsors